FIRST 24 HOURS AFTER APPLICATION:
• Use cold water to wash your face
• Avoid touching your lashes with your fingers
• Do not wear eye makeup or use oily products around the eyes
• No spray tanning/ hot yoga/ sauna/ steam room/ hot tub
• Take shorter/ colder shower to avoid steam
• Sleep on your back and avoid squishing your lashes
• It is normal to lose up to 3 - 5 lash extensions per eye each day, which is why touch ups are recommended every 2 - 3 weeks
• Use oil-free products around your eyes (avoid creamy eye makeup, rich creams, and oily cleansers)
• Clean your lashes daily with 1 pump of the provided Cucumber Lash Wash for both eyes. Use provided cleansing brush or Makeup Removal Cloth. Watch video below on how to wash your lashes.
• Sleep on your back or have your face slightly off pillow when sleeping on your side
• Brush your lashes 2-3 times a day with provided lash wand
• Do not use a mechanical lash curler on your extensions
• For great lash retention, do not wear eye makeup
• Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions
• Avoid being close to extreme heat (camp fires, oven, smoking, steam)
• Resist the temptation to touch, rub, pick or tug your lashes
• Do not attempt to remove your lashes by yourself! Book a removal instead. If your lashes were done at Lash Cottage, a removal is complimentary.
TIPS AND TRICKS
• Dry your face and lashes with fiber-less cloth like bamboo. Use blotting motion.
• Do not brush your lashes while they're wet. Use a blow dryer on ‘cool setting’ to blow dry the lashes while separating them with lash wand.
• If you wish to have a full and great looking lashes every day, consider booking a that you get a touch up 2 - 3 weeks after the first application
• If you must wear eye makeup, avoid waterproof makeup, wax-based pencil liners and gel eyeliners as it's very difficult to remove and clean from your lashes
• Use liquid eyeliner or black eye shadow instead to line your eyes
• Remove eye makeup by using 1 pump of Cucumber Lash Wash on the Makeup Removal Cloth. Get close to the lash line and blink onto the cloth to clean under the lashes.
• Remove makeup and clean lashes daily to improve lash retention
PRODUCTS TO AVOID:
• Avoid using skin care products that contain oil
• Avoid eye makeup and foundations that contain oil, silicone, and wax (waterproof makeup typically contain these ingredients)
The following skin care products are safe to use with lash extensions:
How to Take Care of Your Lash Lift
For the First 24 Hours:
Avoid wearing eye makeup (eyeliner & mascara)
Sleep on your back
Be gentle as your lashes are still malleable
Avoid heat and steam for 24 hours (long hot showers, hot yoga, sauna)
Clear around the eye area with cold water
Apply castor oil to the tips of your lashes once a day
How to Take Care of Your Eyelash Extensions