How to take care of your eyelash extensions
FIRST 24 HOURS AFTER APPLICATION:
• Use cold water to wash your face
• Avoid touching your lashes with your fingers
• Do not wear eye makeup or use oily products around the eyes
• No spray tanning/ hot yoga/ sauna/ steam room/ hot tub
• Take shorter/ colder shower to avoid steam
• Sleep on your back and avoid squishing your lashes
• It is normal to lose up to 3 - 5 lash extensions each day, which is why touch ups are recommended every 2 - 3 weeks.
• Use oil-free products around your eyes ( avoid creamy eye makeup, rich creams and oily cleansers)
• Clean your lashes daily with the provided lash extensions cleanser. For more information about the cleanser visit:
• Sleep on your back or have your face slightly off pillow when sleeping on your side
• Brush your lashes 2-3 times a day with provided lash wand
• Do not use a mechanical lash curler on your extensions
• For great lash retention, do not wear eye makeup
• Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions
• Avoid being close to extreme heat (camp fires, oven, smoking, steam)
• Resist the temptation to touch, rub, pick or tug your lashes
• Do not attempt to remove your lashes by yourself! Schedule a complimentary removal with me.
TIPS AND TRICKS
• Dry your face and lashes with paper towel, fiber-less cloth like bamboo, silk or cotton T- shirts. Use blotting motion.
• Do not brush your lashes while they're wet. Use a blow dryer on ‘cool setting’ to blow dry the lashes while separating them with lash wand.
• If you wish to have a full and luscious looking lashes every day, it is recommended that you get a touch up 2 - 3 weeks after the first application
• If you must wear eye makeup, avoid waterproof makeup, wax-based pencil liners, gel eyeliners as it's very difficult to remove and clean from your lashes
• Use liquid eyeliner or black eye shadow instead to line your eyes
• When using a Q-tip to remove eyeliner, saturate it with oil-free makeup remover or water so the fibers do not get caught in your lash extensions
• Remove makeup and clean lashes daily!
PRODUCTS TO AVOID:
• Avoid using skin care products that contain oil, glycol, and carbonate (especially around the eyes)
• Avoid eye makeup and foundations that contain oil, silicone, and wax (waterproof makeup typically contain these ingredients)
• Avoid makeup removers that contain oil, P.E.G (polyethylene glycol), propylene glycol, or other glycol-based ingredients. Use only water based makeup removers.